The Electrical Construction division (ECD) of Cato Ridge Electrical Construction (CREC) is the corner stone of the company. Able to take on large scale projects in South Africa and the African continent, ECD is reliable, efficient and competent in procuring, installing, commissioning and handing over successful turnkey solutions.
Constantly pushing the industry barriers, we strive to meet our clients requirements. Our constant cultural evolvement is what separates CREC prides ourselves in being a diverse and energetic company. Being passionate about electricity, we remain astute to any electrical technological changes within the industry.
With project managers, master electricians, installation electricians and technicians being a part of our staff compliment, we are able to offer electrical solutions to prisons, hospitals, clinics, country clubs, waterfront projects, petrochemical sectors, power generation projects, industrial sectors and various large scale projects within Africa.
The Electrical Construction division is able to take on large scale projects in South Africa and the African continent, ranging up to monetary value projects of 100million Rands.
With the many years of experience and expertise in this field, we specialize in the following:
- Transmission lines from 11kV up to 132kV in wooden structures and mono steel structures.
- Low voltage bare wire systems up to 440 volts.
- Aerial bundle conductor systems of the supporting core and self-supporting up to 1000volts.
- We also handle large turn key projects especially in the rural reticulation field.
- Refurbishment and maintenance of overhead systems and substations.
Complete design of overhead networks.
- Our sizeable workforce is comprised of an extremely experienced, trained and fully authorised staff with a modern fleet of vehicles which are totally suitable and bespoke for our Clients requirements.
- All of our operatives are highly trained, fully motivated and aware of the importance of working to strict Health & Safety rules and regulations.
- Instrumentation Works
As specialists in the electrical, mechanical and instrument contracting fields, CREC have managed to secure contracts with over years past, being:
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Works
- Department of Health
- Shell, Total, Sasol, Natref, BP SA Petroleum Refineries
- Vopak and Blendcor (PTY) LTD
- Department of Land Affairs
- Various Commercial & Industrial sectors
Our experience within the petro-chemical and instrumentation fields has allowed us the opportunity to carry out work at some major Petrochemical Industries.
STAFF & EQUIPMENT
- Staff Compliment
- Planners & Estimators
- Safety Officers
- Master Electricians
- Installation Electricians
- Electrical Assistants
- Elconop 1
- Elconop 2
- Elconop 3
- Coded Welders
- Project Managers
- Project Co-ordinators
- Site Supervisors
- MV Jointers
- Drivers (Cranes, Trucks, JCB’s and other Industrial Vehicles)
Facilities and Equipment
- Crane Trucks
- Pole Drilling Rig
- Cherry Pickers
- Diesel Filtration Vehicle
- Scissor Jacks
- 20 Ton Mobile Cranes
- Cable Trailers and Winches
- Crimpers from 5 to 100 Ton
- Fully equipped Electrical Workshops with Overhead Crane, Stores etc.
- Various Specialised Electrical Equipment (e.g.1 Hertz Tester, Ductor Tester, Thermal Imaging Camera etc.)